Monday, December 21, 2009

Dream of Composing...



I have started to learn guitar on my own... and just yesterday I gave my first solo performance (Albeit with extremely limited knowledge of strumming the six strings!) in front of a chunk of decent audience (not more than 15...) For whatever reasons, it gave me a very strong will to pursue my guitar playing on a professional front... which might be my first step to pursue my dream of composing...


















I have learnt traditional hindustani classical music for a while now, tried my hand at Tabla, mouth organ, keyboard and guitar. I do have composed a few tunes which sound like they are directly lifted from some pre-existing hit numbers, if not, then they are so very unattractive... But its nothing to lose to keep trying...ennit??

My Dad keeps composing tunes, for his own penned down lyrics... (How I wish I was as talented as him...) and I have never ever managed to fathom the fact that he is so spontaneous at composing despite being an untrained musician... Maybe he's just gifted...

I will try too and some day come up with at least 1 tune which will be original and soothing 'to the ears' and 'for years... '

No comments: